Monday, December 7, 2009

Independence

I always thought that my family depends on me.Not in the financial aspect, but in other ways.I was wrong.They never depended on me at all.They don't even need me anymore.I'm just one burden for them now and it shows.More and more conflicts arise and each and every day there is a dispute among us.I'm so tired of hearing them nag and scold me.My ears are ringing from too much of it.I've been a sheltered fool all my 21 years and I have been ignorant to the real world all this time.I never knew how hard it was to earn a living for yourself and thrive on it for survival.I have come to that realization when I took on a job and endured it,though it was only for a short period of time,but I did learn from it.I realized that standing on your own is definitely hard,perhaps even more.But that is what independence mean,right?To stand on your own without depending on anyone for support.I have been a dependent all this time and its high time that I leave that protective label.I'm no longer a child now,and its about time that I left my sanctuary and deal with the reality.This may be one big step that I might be taking but I am going to abide by it.No matter what it takes.I am certain that they will give a it about me leaving,but I don't care anymore.I am now as determined as ever to turn my back on my family and deal with it.I know that in the long run that I might regret it,but I am willing to accept that fact.I am so tired already of them having to boss me around and run my life.I don't care if they will disinherit me or shun me for life,I will do it.I wont be a pawn anymore to their every whim and will.I will live my life according to my wishes as it should be.I will repay them for whatever they have given me whenever I can.I am thankful that they have given me my life and a good education.I will never forget that fact.And as I am bound by gratitude to them for such things,I will eventually repay that debt.But now,I am going to spread my wings and live my life,no longer caged,but free.

No comments:

Post a Comment