Monday, July 6, 2009

A day of nightmares

Have you ever thought that your nightmares will come to haunt you one day? That they meant to give you a warning ahead of time? Most people don't really believe in it nor do they even think about it. But sometimes, certain unexpected events from those nightmares do happen when you least expect them. I never thought that I'd be haunted by them in broad daylight. But I was so wrong. It plagues me every excruciating moment as I sit here and recall everything so vividly in my mind, like a movie reel going on and on without end. I can just see it now, as it happened so early in the morning. I thought I could avoid it, I never even expected it to happen so fast and early as now. I was taking utmost caution to move slowly and surely to prevent anything from happening but I never realized that until it hit me smack on the face. I was so shocked and scared as hell that I stopped the engine automatically and went into nothingness. My legs were frozen from terror and my mind was reeling from the incident. All I could hear was the furious beating of my heart against my rib cage. For a moment I was lost, but something shook me back to reality. It was my father's angry and terrified voice. He was jamming the gear shift like crazy and yelling at me. But I was so numb then that I couldn't understand a word he was saying nor did I get what he was trying to do at that moment. And then all of a sudden I just stomped my foot on the clutch, switched on the engine, and jammed the gear shift into reverse and then forward to move my car to the other side. I was dizzy from all the adrenalin rush that I couldn't think or speak for about 2 seconds. I was clutching the wheel like metallic clamps that were hard to pry off. I took one deep breath and looked back for the car I just hit. Then it was all a blurr. The car was gone, I was in shock and reeling from fear of what just happened. I was so terrified that I was shaking from head to toe and all I could think of is finding that car and apologizing and make amends for what I did. So I waited but the car was nowhere to be found anymore. I was stunned by that realization and the next thing I knew, I was home. And now I'm being tortured by that very scene every passing minute. I feel like I'm going crazy from it. I want it to stop so badly but it keeps on eating me up like a life-sucking entity that won't stop until it devours me. I know I did something wrong, but I tried to make it right, only I wasn't given that chance. I am so scared out of my wits right now and I do not know what else to do. If only I heeded to my nightmare that night, then maybe, just maybe I could have done something to stop it from happening.
You see, road crashes really are very traumatizing. I know that now. This event may serve as a lesson for me, and I will learn from it. I will try not to succumb to its vicious torments, because if I do, I might lose everything. Including my desire to go out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment