Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Dreamer

Once when I was young I used to believe in fairy tales. I use to think that I lived in a magical world full of prince and princesses and enchanted forests and magical creatures. It was my dream to find prince charming riding upon his sturdy white stead all shiny and prince like, ready to sweep me off my feet and live happily ever after. Yes, I was a dreamer then and I guess I always will. Up to this point I still hold on to that dream of princes on white horses. I keep on wishing that someday it won't be just a dream, but a reality. There was a time when I thought I could believe in that dream coming true. I thought I have found my prince charming on a white horse. He was glowing brightly like the sun. At one point, I really believed he was my sun. I was so happy then. My happily ever after is finally beginning. It was pure bliss when it started. It felt so good. I had butterflies in my stomach every time I was with him. It felt like paradise for me. I did not want it to end. I was living my dream. Nothing mattered to me back then. It was just me and my prince. But I later discovered that that moment was just temporary. It was not meant to last forever. But, stubborn as I was, I refused to accept reality. And perhaps I still do. My head and heart are still in the clouds. Believing in prince charming. You see, even if life is cruel and harsh, you still find something magical in it. That magic makes life worth living. Even if prince charming is only found in story books, there are real life princes too. They may be not as good and perfect as the ones inside a fairy tale, but they are life savers. They console you, wipe away your tears, offer a shoulder to cry on, make you laugh when your down, and most especially makes you believe that prince charming does exist even in the real world. I have found my prince charming once, but I did not hold on to him. I let him go. Because I realized that prince charming is way out of my bounce, so I'll always be just a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment