Sunday, July 26, 2009

Goodbye

All this time I loved you.
You were my sun,
and I was your moon
forever shining in your shadows.

You were my star,
and I was your loyal stargazer
I kept on reaching for you
because I want to be a star too,
a star that only twinkles for you.

I was a dreamer,
and I guess I will always be.
For you and for me,
I dream of an endless fantasy.
Where happily ever afters came true,
and true love does too.

You once promised me a rose garden,
where love and happiness existed.
You were my Adam and I was your Eve,
forever living in paradise.

I believed in all those things
I thought it was happiness that it brings
But I was sad and confused
it seems that what we have is a constant feud

My tears are constantly falling
and my heart is slowly breaking
I am dying from too much pain
but I kept on believing,
even if there was nothing for me to gain.

Now my world is a complete mess
I feel like a pawn in a chess
playing like there is no tomorrow
only to realize that I am full of sorrow

How can my world be so twisted?
Were we not meant to be fated?
I am so lost now,
I don't think I will be able to give you my everlasting vow.

I love you
I wish you only knew
But like a love that's not meant to be true
It only makes me blue

It was good while it lasted,
but its high time that we separated,
and not let much more time be wasted
for a love that was not meant to be fated.

I'm through playing pretend
its time that I put this to an end.
I love you,
and I will always do,
But I have to say goodbye to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment